"Now the Rosary is a certain formula of prayer, which is made up of fifteen decades of "Hail Marys" with an "Our Father" before each decade, and in which the recitation of each decade is accompanied by pious meditation on a particular mystery of our Redemption." (Roman Breviary) The name "Rosary," however, is commonly used in reference to only a third part of the fifteen decades.
The gaining of the plenary indulgence is regulated by the following norms:
- 1) The recitation of a third part only of the Rosary suffices; but the five decades must be recited continuously.
- 2) The vocal recitation must be accompanied by pious meditation on the mysteries.
- 3) In public recitation the mysteries must be announced in the manner customary in the place; for private recitation, however, it suffices if the vocal recitation is accompanied by meditation on the mysteries.
Saint Louis-Marie Grignion de Montfort (31 January 1673 – 28 April 1716) was a French Roman Catholic priest and Confessor. He was known in his time as a preacher and was made a missionary apostolic by Pope Clement XI.
"If you say the Rosary faithfully until death, I assure you that in spite of the gravity of your sins, you shall receive a never-fading crown of glory. Even if you are on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in Hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do who practice black magic, and even if you are a heretic as obstinate as a devil, sooner or later you will be converted and will amend your life and save your soul, if and mark well what I say -- if you say the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon of your sins."
- Pray the Rosary every day, in order to obtain peace for the world, and the end of the war. ...May 13, 1917
- I wish you to come here on the 13th of next month, to pray the Rosary each day. ...June 13, 1917
- I want you to come here on the 13th of next month, and to continue praying the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary, in order to obtain peace for the world and the end of the war, because only She can help you. ...July 13, 1917
- I want you to continue praying the Rosary every day. ...August 19, 1917
- Continue to say the Rosary to obtain the end of the war. ...September 13, 1917
- I am Our Lady of the Rosary. Continue to say the Rosary every day. ...October 13, 1917
- You at least try to console Me and announce in My name that I promise to assist at the moment of death, with all the graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on the First Saturday of five consecutive months shall confess, receive Holy Communion, recite ftve decades of the Rosary, and keep Me Company for fifteen minutes while meditating on the fifteen mysteries of the Rosary, with the intention of making Reparation to Me.
- ... December 10, 1925 to Sister Lucy at Pontevedra
"There is no surer means of calling down God's blessing upon the family than the daily recitation of the Rosary."
"Those who say the Rosary frequently and fervently will gradually grow in grace and holiness and will enjoy the special protection of Our Lady and the abiding friendship of God."
Zugriffe heute: 45 - gesamt: 1019.